Assessment SET08112 2011 Hard
For picking and replenishment you should observe the following constraints:
- Minimise the number of locations used.
£Maximise the distribution of products across towers.
- Minimise the amount of movement move as few trays as possible.
- Use low trays.
- Use the edges. Put the weight at the outside edges. Avoid the centre of the tray.
- Balance trays. There should not be excessive weight on either the left or the right.
No tray should weight more than 100kg. List the trays that are overloaded.
List the trays where the centre of gravity is off centre by more than 10%.
- To calculate the centre of gravity of a tray you divide the sum of the moments by the total mass on the tray.
- The moment of a location is the mass of the location multiplied by its distance from the left edge.
Give a location that can be cleared by moving the products to one or more, partially full locations. Give details of the location to be cleared and a list of the destinations.
Pick 15 of product 20034301. List the locations that should be used and the quantity to be removed.
Replenish with 20 of product 20034301. List the locations that should be used and the quantity to be replenished for each.