This is a list of the most urgent improvements required on the progzoo site. If you take on a task please update this list. Also feel free to add more tasks. Check the discussion page associated with the page referenced.
- Prettify the tutorial index page Tutorials
- Prettify the Flags index page Flags
- Convert tutorial material from http://progzoo.net to the Wiki using http://progzoo.net/translate.cgi
- Add help to the hardest questions.
- Add facilities to execute other languages
- Figure out a smart way to link between corresponding versions of pages
- Being able to flip between (say) the Java version and the C++ version of the same task is popular
- Many users are only interested in only one language so this should not be intrusive.
- Identify a MediaWiki extension that allows self-tests (e.g. multi choice) and develop regular tests in-between tutorials.
- Figure out a way to present statistics on how hard each question is based on successful completion rates.
- Figure out a way to present "Your progress" so that you can see how you have got through the material.
- Figure out a way to allow individuals to create their own mini-sites within progzoo so that lecturers at other Universities can create material and have devolved control of editing/access rights.
- The site needs a good logo. The current image is based on Hilbert's Space Filling Curve