T01Flags P01Rect Introducing Graphics
- You may want to review: drawing and filling rectangles before tackling these questions.
- You might want to try coordinates exercises if you are not comfortable with x,y coordinates.
The flag of Libya is a simple green rectangle.
Try the program as it is given, then change it so that the green rectangle is wider. <img src="http://progzoo.net/img/flaglibya.png"/>
The flag of France is blue, white and red.
The code given draws only one of the three rectangles required, and it is in the wrong place.
The flag of Germany is black, red and yellow.
Only one of the three rectangles has been drawn - and that one is in the wrong place. <img src="http://progzoo.net/img/flaggermany.png"/>
- The flag of Palau is a yellow circle on a blue background.
- The rectangle is 300 by 200.
- The circle is in position 50,50, width and height are 100,100.
- The RGB values for the blue: 154,176,217.
- The dark lines are NOT part of the flag. They are shown as guides only.
In order to draw a circle we need to track down a method of Graphics or Graphics2D. There is no fillCircle method - but you should find something else that will do the job.