Tutorial 01 Flags, Page 02 Line
Interactive Programming Tutorials - Drawing flags using lines. You may want to look at: <a rref="../ht50Graphics/200Lines.xml">How to draw thick lines.</a>
The cross of St. Andrew shows diagonal lines on a blue background.
- Complete the flag by drawing the other diagonal line.
- The white lines should be slightly thicker - try 60.
The English flag is the cross of St. George. This is a red cross on a white background.
- The line thickness should be 1/5 of the height of the flag.
- The flag of Greece has 5 blue stripes and 4 white stripes.
- Each stripe has width 40.
- Note that we let the computer do the arithmetic. Each stripe should be 80 pixels below the previous one.
- The expression 20+i*80 - where i is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 gives the height of the middle of each blue stripe.
- The expression 60+i*80 - where i is 0, 1, 2, 3 gives the height of the middle of each white stripe.
- You must include another two blue stripes and four white stripes.
<img src="/img/flaggreece.png" alt="Flag of Greece"/>
Trinidad and Tobago
We can start and end lines outside the confines of the surface.
<img src="/img/flagtrinidad.png" alt="Flag of Trinidad and Tobago"/>